Updated May 24th, 2018
What personal information does Moda Database collect?
- The information that you give us.
- Using any of our Services, including creating a User Account through the Website(s)
- Making a purchase from us
- Signing up for email updates
- Uploading or posting to public forums included through the Services
- Submitting requests or questions to us via forms or email
- Requesting customer support and technical assistance
- The types of data that we collect directly from you include:
- Name, email address, and telephone number
- Log-in credentials, if you register a user account with us
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us, including the product you purchased.
- Any profile information that you provide, including a photo, website links, social media profiles, or other data.
- Any other information that you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the services
- Data we collect through automated means
- We collect technical data about your computer or device, like your IP Address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data.
- We collect usage data and statistics about your interactions with our service including pages that you accessed, time spent on pages, your search queries, click data, date and time, and other data regarding use of our services.
- We collect approximate geographic location, including country, city, and geographic coordinates, calculated by using your IP Address.
How do we get data about you?
We use tools like cookies, web beacons, analytics services, and advertising providers to gather the data listed above. Some of these tools offer you the ability to opt out of data collection.
- Cookies and Data Collection Tools
Moda Database uses the following types of cookies:
- Preferences:cookies that remember data about your browser and preferred settings that affect the appearance and behavior of the Services (like your preferred language).
- Security:cookies used to enable you to log in and access the Services; protect against fraudulent logins; and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account.
- Functional:cookies that store functional settings (like the volume level you set for video playback).
- Session State:cookies that track your interactions with the Services to help us improve the Services and your browsing experience, remember your login details, and enable processing of your course purchases. These are strictly necessary for the Services to work properly, so if you disable them then certain functionalities will break or be unavailable.
Some of the third-party partners who provide certain features on our site may also use Local Storage Objects (also known as flash cookies or LSOs) to collect and store data.
We use third-party browser and mobile analytics services like Google Analytics. These services use Data Collection Tools to help us analyze your use of the Services, including information like the third-party website you arrive from, how often you visit, events within the Services, usage and performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We use this data to improve the Services, better understand how the Services perform on different devices, and provide information that may be of interest to you.
- Online Advertising
We use third-party advertising services like Taboola, Facebook, Google’s ad services, and other ad networks and ad servers to deliver advertising about our Services on other websites and applications you use. The ads may be based on things we know about you, like your Usage Data and System Data, and things that these ad service providers know about you based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services, and may be tailored to your interests.
Depending on the types of advertising services we use, they may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, phone, or other device to collect data about your use of our Services, and may access those tracking technologies in order to serve these tailored advertisements to you. To help deliver tailored advertising, we may provide these service providers with a hashed, anonymized version of your email address (in a non-human-readable form) and content that you share publicly on the Services.
When using mobile applications you may also receive tailored in-app advertisements. Apple iOS, Android OS, and Microsoft Windows each provide their own instructions on how to control in-app tailored advertising. For other devices and operating systems, you should review your privacy settings or contact your platform operator.
What we use your data for
We use your data to do things like provide our Services, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, secure against fraud and abuse, improve and update our Services, analyze how people use our Services, serve personalized advertising, and as required by law or necessary for safety and integrity.
We use the data we collect through your use of the Services to:
- Provide and administer the Services, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with other users;
- Process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features;
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns;
- Manage your account preferences;
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse;
- Solicit feedback from users;
- Market and administer surveys and promotions administered or sponsored by Moda Database;
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers;
- Identify unique users across devices;
- Tailor advertisements across devices;
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features;
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data;
- Advertise the Services on third-party websites and applications;
- As required or permitted by law; or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.
Moda Database takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Moda Database, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact email@example.com with any concerns.
Managing Your Data
- Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Personal Data
You can access and update your personal data that Moda Database collects and maintains as follows:
- To update your data you provide directly, log into your account and update your account at any time from the ‘edit your profile’ section.
- When you create an account, you are automatically opted into our Email List. You can opt-out of our email newsletter at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email
- Our policy regarding children
We recognize the privacy interests of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Children under 18 should not use the Services. If we learn that we’ve collected personal data from a child under those ages, we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
Parents who believe that Moda Database may have collected personal data from a child under those ages can submit a request that it be removed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stylists, and Stylists Representatives
Contact Information for stylists and representatives is gathered via public information, or information provided to us by stylists or their representatives. stylists and their representatives, can have their information updated by emailing us at email@example.com, or signing up for a celebrity, or representative account and updating the information themselves.
stylists and representatives can have their info removed by:
In order for Moda Database to remove your public information from being view-able on Moda Database, we require emailed proof of identity. Proof of identity can be an email from a company email address, state issued ID card, or driver’s license. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org